RJOR - Official publication of Romanian Association of Oral Rehabilitation

Str. Mihail Kogalniceanu No.2, Iasi, Romania

Janacondurache@yahoo.com

+40735523366

Romanian Journal of Oral Rehabilitation Numarul 2 THE INFLUENCE OF HIGHLY VISCOUS FLOWABLE COMPOSITE RESINS ON THE SURVIVAL RATE OF PERIODONTAL SPLINTS

THE INFLUENCE OF HIGHLY VISCOUS FLOWABLE COMPOSITE RESINS ON THE SURVIVAL RATE OF PERIODONTAL SPLINTS

Ionut Luchian, Stefana Nanu, Ioana Martu, Cornelia Teodorescu, Liliana Pasarin, Sorina Solomon, Maria-Alexandra Martu, Monica Tatarciuc, Silvia Martu

ABSTRACT

Introduction. An immobilisation system is defined as a device made in order to stabilise mobile teeth. Aim. This study aims to perform a clinical assessment of the efficiency of applying dental immobilisation in the case of periodontal patients with pronounced dental mobility in the lower frontal group. Material and Methods. In order to carry out this study, we have selected a group of 30 patients aged 50 to 70, with an average age of 57, who have visited the “Grigore T. Popa” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Iasi, Periodontology Clinic in the interval March 2016 – June 2017. The patients received splinting treatment through using three different composites. Results and Discussion. Overall, we have found a success rate of 55% of the 30 patients, individuals in which the immobilisation system was intact. For the remaining 45%, 20% had 2 disaggregated elements, 15% had one disaggregated element, 7 % had 3 disaggregated elements and 3% had a fractured immobilisation system. Conclusions. Highly viscous flowable composites have shown the best survival rate after 12 months, being therefore a good candidate for a first-choice material for performing direct immobilisations in periodontal treatment.

Download (PDF, 789KB)

Tags: , , ,

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies || Prin continuarea navigarii pe acest site esti de acord cu utilizarea cookie-urilor more information || mai multe informatii

RJOR.RO utilizeaza fisiere de tip cookie pentru a personaliza si imbunatati experienta ta pe Website-ul nostru. Te informam ca ne-am actualizat politicile pentru a integra in acestea si in activitatea curenta a adre.ro cele mai recente modificari propuse de Regulamentul (UE) 2016/679 privind protectia persoanelor fizice in ceea ce priveste prelucrarea datelor cu caracter personal si privind libera circulatie a acestor date. inainte de a continua navigarea pe Website-ul nostru te rugam sa aloci timpul necesar pentru a citi si intelege continutul Politicii de Cookie. Prin continuarea navigarii pe Website-ul nostru confirmi acceptarea utilizarii fisierelor de tip cookie conform Politicii de Cookie. Nu uita totusi ca poti modifica in orice moment setarile acestor fisiere cookie urmand instructiunile din Politica de Cookie The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close